Monday, October 29, 2007

Young Mothers


Ever since Laura and Mary began their blogs I have loved reading about their lives as young mothers. As I expanded and started reading the blogs of their friends and sisters-in-law as well, my life has been enriched. I want to say to all of you young mothers that the feelings that you have as mothers are universal. When I was a young mother I didn't have the blog format to record my feelings, the joys and frustrations of being a stay-at-home mother of little ones. So when I read your blog posts my heart is full as I can relate to all of your thoughts and I am reminded of the truly great mission you are all fulfilling to fill little lives with love and training and fun. I just want all the young mothers out there to know that I think you're amazing. You're doing the most mportant thing you could be doing at this time of your life. It is thankless and exhausting and exhilarating and sweet all at the same time. Keep up the good work!

5 comments:

Gram said...

I cannot express myself as eloquently as you have but I feel the same way. True we didn't have blogs, but at that time even to write anything in a journal was strange. Even though we have kept a journal of some sorts it didn't contain our feelings. We only wrote about what we were doing. I am thrilled with the blogs I read of others - not just my own granddaughters,but their friends as well. They are truly doing an amazing job in loving and teaching Heavenly Father's great spirits.

April said...

Thanks for your post, I always check out your blog through Laura's. I think I needed to read this post today. Sometimes I second guess myself as a mom, but reading this made me realize how important my role as a mom is.
Thank you, and I agree you have the greatest daughters in the world, they are both beautiful inside and out!!! And Jenny to:)

Mary said...

Thanks Mom! We are trying to follow in your amazing example! I love you!

Cami said...

This is the greatest job on earth, isn't it? We are lucky to have great examples too! Thanks for checking out my blog. Like Mary said, what an awesome invention blogging is! I love keeping up with people's lives in this way. Cami

Chelle said...

It's so nice to hear your perspective on mothering.

Thanks, I needed to read this today! : )