Saturday, January 12, 2008

TEMPERANCE

Laura shared with me the idea from a blog she visits of having a "word of the year." Just something you want to focus on and think about during the year. I chose the word "Temperance," I especially want to be better at using this word in my life as it relates to eating and spending money. So I created a visual to keep on my desk with the word and some definitions. I know you can't read the definitions in this picture, so here they are:

~habitual moderation in the indulgence of a natural appetite or passion
~moderation or self-restraint in action & statement; self-control
~being within reasonable limits; not excessive or extreme, mild or calm

(the picture just WOULDN'T upload)

2 comments:

jenny said...

Awesome mom!! I need something to remind me up here!!

Mary said...

I still haven't thought of my word yet, but I think that's a great idea. I don't think Temperance is the word for me, but if you have any suggestions, I'd love it. I'm thinking "Patience".