Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Snowshoeing


Today I went up to Sundance to go cross-country skiing - it's been 10 days and I was in withdrawal - but unfortunately, the snow was icy and I realized part way up the trail that it just wasn't going to be fun (or safe) so I took my skis off and walked back to the yurt and rented snowshoes. Kathy (my skiing buddy) was snowshoeing because she skied yesterday, so I joined her on the snowshoeing trails. I didn't expect to love it, but I did! It's great to have another option for being outside when the snow isn't good for skiing. It's just amazing and beautiful to be outside in the winter landscape. It's a beautiful world!

3 comments:

Kim said...

Having a winter activity suddenly makes winter fun and exciting. It's fun to be excited for snow and freezing temps!
I did love the "warmth" today though:)

Richard B said...

You are certainly having a fun winter experience. Kim's remarks are right on. Continue to have fun and enjoy yourself.

Gram said...

I am happy you got your fix this morning. It was nice you had another option since it was icy.