Thursday, March 13, 2008

Random Things I'm Grateful For . . . continued



The Morning Sky. One of the first things I do each morning is check the sky. If I'm up early enough I even go outside in my jammies to look for constellations, the moon and other planets. But I always look out my bedroom window to the south and note the color of the sky, sometimes pink if I catch the sunrise, sometimes a great shade of periwinkle (my favorite) and sometimes sky blue (pun intended) with white clouds shaded in gray. My least favorite is cloudy and gray. I just love checking out the morning sky and soon birdsong will add an audio portion to this part of my day.



My bed. We have a beautiful king oak sleigh bed with a pillow top mattress. This is topped with a featherbed and then 100% cotton sateen sheets in "river run blue" (yes, I matched the paint color to my sheets!) Next is a down comforter and down pillows - at least two. Finally we have my beautiful Liz Claiborne (the one designer I almost always love) pieced quilt in shades of blue and tan. This bed is soft on so many levels and I just love climbing into it every night. I love waking up in it ever so slowly each morning. And I love getting up and making it first thing so I can enjoy looking at it each day.



My scripture desk.
Not to be confused with my work/computer desk in my star room. Anyone who reads my blog probably has heard me talk about my favorite habit from my mission. Morning Sacred Grove. It's a time of journaling, scripture study, prayer and pondering. I love this place and space in my day when inspiration comes and I remind myself of what's most important. To make it a complete sense experience I have scented candles (my current favorite is Sweet Amber Musk from Salt City) and instrumental hymn music and a great view out my window as well as all the little things on my desk and windowsill that remind my of people and thoughts and words that I love. Plus, I also do my hair and make-up here.


Hot showers. I love a hot shower; it's just such a delight to stand there with hot water streaming over your body, so relaxing, and yet energizing at the same time. I think about all the people who lived on the earth who never got to have this simple pleasure and I'm just grateful to have a hot shower every day!

It's all good!

3 comments:

laura said...

That reflection from your gothic arch mirror on the wall on the picture of your bed is awesome!

Thanks for talking to me during your hot shower the other day. :)

Gram said...

I love your random thoughts and I also am thankful for many of the same things. Especially for the hot shower every day. That was the one worst thing for me in Korea - the three weeks they turned off the hot water. Thanks for the post.

Laura H said...

Enjoyed your posts Janet. Your bedroom is gorgeous as always.