Thursday, September 4, 2008

Switzerland

Right after the wedding Rich and I got to take a trip to Switzerland with Tahitian Noni. We stayed at the town of Montreux on the shores of Lake Geneva and it was both beautiful and "old-world" charming.


The views from our hotel room



Our Hotel

On our free day we took the train to Zollikofen and went to the Swiss Temple. It was a confusing ride since Switzerland already uses three languages: French, German and Italian - so they don't bother to translate any signage into a fourth language: English! But we did make it and were able to do a session in the first temple to have the film, so that all the languages could be used. It was an expensive temple trip: (compared to our usual visit to Mount Timpanogos Temple) $90 for the train tickets and $31 to rent temple clothes!
One evening we had dinner up in the hills at an old Swiss village. It was very charming.



These folks in costume serenaded us during our dinner




These guys are playing cowbells!

One of the things that I found so charming about Switzerland was all the beautiful windows with window boxes overflowing with flowers. I took lots of pictures of interesting windows and doors:











This last picture is of us in front of the church we attended on Sunday in Lausanne, Switzerland. The services were in French, but fortunately they had a translator doing English.


It was a lovely trip and it was fun for me to add another country and temple to my list (yes, I keep a list) and spend some time with my sweetheart.

4 comments:

Karrissa Winward said...

What a fun trip. I loved Switzerland and how clean and organized everything was. Glad you guys had a great time!

laura said...

That looks beautiful!

Gram said...

I am so happy that you got to go to Switzerland and also that we had time with you before we went to Texas so you could tell us about your trip. I also enjoyed the lunch from Costa Vida that day. I LOVED Switzerland and all the old world charm it conveys. Lovely post and photos!

jenny said...

So beautiful, Mom! I'm so glad I got to see all of those pictures.