Thursday, December 4, 2008

The Stockings Were Hung By the Chimney With Care . . .

The stockings are indeed hung at the Rife household. I even added a "T" tag to Jenny's for Trevor. Our children have to share their stocking with their spouse, but don't worry it's "double-stuffed" so no one misses out!

You may have to click on this to read it, but you will seen that I am definitely of the latter type! (And this is apparently an inherited trait, check out the Hammer Christmas House here)


Welcome to the
Rife Christmas House!



Yes, it is a little lame to have an artificial tree outside, but since I can't have a tree in either of my front windows, I just like to have a lighted tree in the front.

The entry with my lovely model, Annie




The Santa Collection


The Christmas Candle Collection


The dining room table

The "other" dining room table with our newest Christmas decoration, the Jim Shore version on Santa worshiping the Christ child - that's what it's all about!


My niece, Karrissa posted all her nativity sets on her blog and I thought it was such a great idea, so here are ours:

The olive-wood set that Laura brought back from her Jerusalem Study Abroad semester


The ceramic set that Sheri Rife gave me and I painted them myself!



The beautiful pearl ceramic set my Mom poured for me years ago.



The Fisher-Price Little People Natvity - so cute and fun for children of all ages to play with!



And last, but not least the beautiful Jim Shore set that Rich surprised me with last year, I just love all the blue and the geometric patterns and colors, and (as Laura pointed out) the baby is sleeping peacefully on his tummy - like all babies should!

I'm getting slower at getting everything out - it took me three days - but I did enjoy it. I loved puttering about my home while listening to Christmas music, bringing the Christmas spirit to my home and my heart.

8 comments:

Gram said...

ame out in time to enjoy it all today. You, of course, have done a magnificent job of decorating your home. It is beautiful!

jenny said...

It looks GREAT! I can't wait to see it in person:) Your house always looks amazing - especially at Christmas time. Thanks for adding Trevor to my stocking. I'm enjoying my Santa nightlight as it is our ONLY Christmas decoration. Thanks:)

jenny said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Devri said...

Your Christmas decorations look beautiful!

Sar 'n' Car said...

Your house is always decorated so well!! And thanks for the comment about Alec. I think he's just adorable too.

Mary said...

I'm so excited to see the Christmas house on Sunday!

Renae Pelo said...

Janet this is my first visit to your blog and I wasn't disappointed. You are the epitome of what homemaking is about--loving your home so it can tell everyone who enters that they are loved. Thank you for sharing.

Big hug,

Renae

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!