Monday, January 12, 2009

New York City



Friday night Laura had a Primary training meeting (General Primary Presidency in town) and since she's the new Primary president in her ward, she wanted to attend. I love to attend the temple wherever I visit and since both were in the same building in Manhattan, we went to the City. We got a ride with her 2nd counselor, also attending the meeting. While Laura was in the meeting I did initiatory work in the Manhattan Temple and then we hit the streets of New York City.

It was cold and windy so we were bundled up. We started off with a red velvet cupcake at the Magnolia Bakery and then walked down the street to Starbucks for a hot chocolate. Thanks to the iphone we figured out how to take the subway to Rockefeller Center where we saw the unlit Christmas tree and ice skaters.


This is me in front of the Rockefeller Center and tree with Laura's fingers in the picture, so she would be in the picture with me!

Then we walked over to St. Patrick's Cathedral - a place I love to visit in NYC to see the beautiful stained glass, gothic arches, flying buttresses and light a candle. Unfortunately, it was closed for the evening, so Laura just took this picture of me in front of it, talking to Rich on my phone.

Finally, we walked down to Grand Central Station and took the train back to Tuckahoe. It was a fun evening visiting with my dear daughter, just as adult friends. I love that girl!

~~~~~

The next day we drove the new mini-van into the city with the whole gang. It was snowy and cold, but we had a yummy lunch of pizza and pasta and a little restaurant called "Lasso" and then did some shopping at the Japanese Gap called "UniQlo." We topped off the day by going to dinner at the Cheesecake Factory in White Plains. (Thanks for the gift cards, PapaRich!)

5 comments:

Kim said...

I'm green with jealousy! I love New York! And to go with my mom? So fun!!!

Devri said...

You went to all my favorite places in NYC! It makes me miss it there so much. What a fun night you two had together!

Gram said...

What a fun time together!! I was also a little jealous that the two of you could do those things. It is nice that you got to go to the Manhattan temple again. I hope the meeting for Laura helped her with her new calling. New York City sounds like a great place to visit. I love reading Laura's posts of the place they take their children.

jenny said...

How fun for you and Laur! You both look beautiful!

Mary said...

I am sitting here green with envy. I want to be there so bad, hanging with my sis and my mom. I love you guys.