Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The Firstborns of My Brothers

f
We took the opportunity while in Las Vegas to meet up with the "firstborns of my brothers." Keith's Karrissa (along with husband, Joe and darling daughters, McKinley and Kylie) and Lynn's Jake (along with lovely wife, Marissa) joined us for dinner and a wonderful visit. It was great to catch up and just enjoy one another's company. These are great kids, working hard at family and post-graduate schooling. I'm proud of them and happy that we could get together.

As soon as McKinley saw me she asked, "where's Sophie?" Whenever she's at my house Sohpie is there, so she thought we were a package deal - plus Sophie is more fun to play with than Aunt Janet. She did let me give her a hug and kiss from her Grandma Jill and enjoyed playing with my iphone.

Kylie was just so smiley and cuddly and I loved holding and snuggling with her. Great nieces are almost as fun as your own gkiddies!

4 comments:

Gram said...

How nice you could get together with the kids in Las Vegas. I hadn't thought of that until I saw your title. It is nice that Karrissa and Jake aren't still in the biting stage as when they lived in Bothell. They are two wonderful families. I had to laugh that McKinley asked for Sophie.

Karrissa Winward said...

Janet, I didn't tell you that I love your blog background- it is perfect for you. Thanks so much for dinner! That was so nice of you guys. It is great that my kids feel comfortable around you. And I am glad Jake and I are out of the biting stage, that would have been an awkward dinner! :)

Jill Parsons said...

Janet & Rich,

thanks for taking the time to see Joe and Karrissa. You both are always so thoughtful and kind. I am glad you got to see those cute girls. I miss them when they are not at my house.

Marissa said...

Thanks again for dinner! I just read Gram's comment, and I'm glad Karrissa and Jake are out of the biting stage too.