Tuesday, March 10, 2009

So, Painting Thoughts & Parents


This is Jenny's old room, I've almost covered the pink with primer!

So, the last couple of days I've been painting two bedrooms downstairs. I'm not done yet, but I'll post pictures when I am.

So, here's the thing about painting: it's hard physical work but it's a nice solitary activity that gives you time to think and listen to the great music on your ipod.

So, here's some of my painting thoughts:

It was 20 years ago this month that we moved into this lovely home on Heather Drive. As we were writing up the offer, the previous owners were painting the room we planned to use as My Dear Husband's office PINK. There was lots of wallpaper, too, which needed to be removed. My parents came to visit us soon after we moved in and they worked SO hard in our new home painting and removing wallpaper, awful jobs which they did for us just out of kindness and because that's the great people they are.

So I was realizing that they were the age I am now when they did this, which makes me even more in awe of them and the great service they rendered. Thanks, Mom and Dad!

I was also thinking about how painting and gardening are solitary activities for me because no one in my family bothers me or comes anywhere close while I'm doing them. They're not taking any chances of be involved. This can be a good thing. I should remember this whenever I need some alone time.

And music. I've been listening to my "Pop" playlist on my iphone which is mostly songs from when I was in high school: The Carpenters, Chicago, Three Dog Night. And some newer stuff like: Celine Dion, Colby Caillat,Yael Naim. And most of the songs are "love songs," which gets me thinking about My Love, Richard aka My Dear Husband.

So, all in all painting is not so bad:
solitude,
gratitude
and romance

11 comments:

Unknown said...

I have a couple rooms that need painting if you need some more alone time:)

jenny said...

Good work Mom! Todd's room looks great-you're a pro!

Richard said...

First of all, thanks for loving me and saying that the love songs remind you of me. I love you!

Secondly, I am willing to give you the alone time you need whenever household chores are involved.

Finally, I love your parents and appreciate their kindness and support over the years.

Rich

Karrissa Winward said...

I think I should just call you next time we have a paint job. I promise I will leave you alone! :)

Gram said...

Well, you have lots of offers for alone time any time you would like. I also have a bedroom that needs painting. I have learned like you that wallpaper is awful to remove and paint is a whole lot easier to change.

I am happy we could help you when Jenny was a baby and glad our physical bodies allowed it at the time.

Jenny's room will look beautiful when you finish. I know you really needed a primer for that room.

Abi said...

I forgot about that pink room! And really sometimes it is so nice to do those projects alone! Your hard work is paying off!

Abi said...

I forgot about that pink room! And really sometimes it is so nice to do those projects alone! Your hard work is paying off!

Mary said...

What a positive way to look at a task! Way to go Mom!

Mary said...

What a positive way to look at a task! Way to go Mom!

Mary said...

What a positive way to look at a task! Way to go Mom!

Rasheta Family said...

You have a great blog. I am impressed you can add links on certain words!