Monday, June 8, 2009

Procrastination

I put "clean the storage room" on my to do list for today.

I procrastinated getting started for about 4 hours, during which time I:

gave myself a manicure and pedicure
tweezed my eyebrows
made an appointment to get my car inspected
cleaned Michael's room
worked on the laundry
switched out all the hangers between Michael and Todd's rooms
(don't ask; it's just sick and wrong)
email and blogging
switched out some burned-out light bulbs and empty wallflowers

Finally, I made myself go in here:



And guess what? It only took me one hour to get it like this:




There's still too much stuff, but I guess I'm not ready to part with it yet, (I did put a few things in my DI pile) so at least it is organized now, and you can actually walk into the room.

As a bonus, while I was down there I tricked myself into dusting and vacuuming all of downstairs.

It's all good

3 comments:

Richard B said...

How do you go about tricking yourself to do other tasks? It looks great. Just keep everyone out now.

Gram said...

YOU ARE AMAZING, DAUGHTER! How wonderful that you could get that much accomplished in one day. The storage room looks great!

Laura H said...

Yeah for you! What a product day. You picqued my interest with the hangers though.