Saturday, July 4, 2009

Fourth of July 2009


Happy Fourth of July!

As is our new tradition (of three years) we take advantage of the Borups inviting us to join them in their lovely spot for watching they parade. And my new tradition which includes doing the Freedom Festival 5K. This year I shaved 2 minutes of my time from last year and finished in an amazing 45 minutes. Yes, that is a 4 mph pace, which isn't bad for a fifty~one~year~old, chubby gal!

And I think it's important to look festive when you run, so I made some red,white & blue earrings last night and tied bows in my ponytail.






American Flag: Made in China?!

Please link to My Dear Husband's Blog to enjoy his take on the parade.

I love how during the parade everyone stands up three times:

1. When the flag goes by
2. When the veterans ride past
3. When the missionaries walk by

Just as it should be

6 comments:

Richard B said...

Glad that you did well on the 5k run. Getting older makes you better huh! Thanks for your other posts and pictures. Your dad is a fat old man in that picture.

laura said...

Awesome, Mom. I really wish I could have done the 5k with you.

Love you! Happy Independence Day!

Gram said...

I was just getting ready to call you to see how the 5K turned out. I should know anyplace that you go you are decked out for it. It doesn't surprise me a bit that you made earrings and bows last night for the 5K and the holiday. I am glad you shaved a few minutes of your time and had fun doing it. Looks as if you had a Happy 4th with special seats for the parade.

Amberlin Gefrom said...

hooray you did awesome. I was having a bit of a hard time on the fourth since I wasnt there to run that race...I love it! anyways good job!

Karrissa Winward said...

It was a fun forth! Thanks again for watching Kylie!

WIKKY said...

congrats on your 5K. Awesome! Love the hair and earrings! YOu are too cute!