Thursday, October 29, 2009

Computer Accessories

Ever since getting my laptop (which I love) I've been missing the 10-key part of the keyboard. When I was in college and working at BYU I was responsible for totalling the time cards and I got pretty fast at type-touching with 10-key. Whenever I need to type in numbers I automatically want to move my right hand to the 10-key. I'm not so good at the numbers in a row above the keyboard, so it really slows me down not to have 10-key.

The other day I spent a couple of hours looking at online forums on that subject. It turns out that Apple just deleted the number lock function on the MacBook Pro. Some people are very unhappy about it (me, for one) because they used the 10-key function that is embedded in most laptop keyboards for certain music writing programs and some games. I just like it for Quicken and online shopping ~ I can speed-enter my debit card number! Through my research I discovered that the only real solution is to have a separate 10-key keypad. I got a cheap one at Staples, which didn't work with my Mac. So I had to return it and resort to the more expensive bluetooth model sold at SimplyMac. I am thrilled with it. I love having a 10-key keypad at my fingertips again!




I've also been looking for some kind of case for my laptop for when I take it with me somewhere. I haven't found anything that I love until yesterday at Target, of all places. It's blue, of course, and I like the quilted look over the modern look of most neoprene sleeves.

3 comments:

Richard B said...

What else would we expect from you than what you did. It's always nice to have functional things. The small leather briefcase we got in Korea works great for our laptops. Way to go daughter!

Devri said...

I am the same way! I didn't even know they made those! I love your new computer case. It's so cute!

Gram said...

Nice laptop case! Quilted blue - what more could you ask for?