Friday, October 30, 2009

Finished Project and a Revelation

I finished this lap quilt today. Laura made the rectangles pieced section in the center before Abby was born, but then she realized that it matched my house more than hers, so she gave it to me to finish.


I couldn't resist making a couple of pillows to match



I tied it on the back side so it wouldn't detract from the pieced pattern on the front

Many of my friends are getting into quilting and I keep thinking that maybe I should. This little project was a test to see if I would like piecing quilts. I don't! I like to sew things like Halloween costumes and curtains ~ things that don't require precision and perfection. It's not fun to me if it has to be perfect. I like it to be quick. I just don't have the quilting personality, I guess.

But I happy with this little project!

It's all good

5 comments:

laura said...

I'm actually quite proud of my little quilted bit. It's not perfect buy I thought it was pretty all those years it sat in a project pile in my home. Thanks for making it into something beautiful! Can't wait to see it in person.

laura said...

That was "but" not buy.
(I'm on my iPhone.)

Richard B said...

Always an on-going project at your house. Glad you have the talent, means and desire to be of service and do so many different things. Love ya!

Gram said...

The lap quilt turned out nice. I am impressed with Laura's piecing on it. At least we all know what we like. I took too long with my sewing because I was a perfectionist.

Jill Parsons said...

I have a friend at work that loves to quilt. She makes the most amazing and beautiful quilts I have ever seen. I like to admire them but do not want to take the time necessary to quilt. I don't have the patience.