Friday, October 9, 2009

Finishing Touches

Today I put some finishing touches on my office:

I got this frame with dried flowers between two pieces of glass at the Hobblecreek Boutique today. The frame was black, so I painted it white, and while I was at it I painted the picture frame and accent above it. I think the white looks better on the blue wall.

Before:

I also got the third panel for the valance which looks better a little fuller. And I added the iron "flourish" over the window. I got it at Rod Works; it was brown, so it also got a coat of white paint.


And this is what my desk looks like with my new laptop. I'm really happy to join the portable world of the laptop computer, and my desk is less crowded, too.



Before:
I'm really pleased with my new space!

2 comments:

jenny said...

Mom, I LOVE that thing above the window. It adds the perfect finishing touch. I love your new room.

Gram said...

I like the new room much better than before. The new things you added and touched up with white paint really add to the room. You should be set for awhile. Your laptop really frees up your desk. I need to get used to using the laptop as a laptop so I can do that and take it other places to work. I just have a hard time giving up the split keyboard and the larger screen for my eyes.