Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Help! I Can't Stop Painting!

Well, I guess I can stop. But two more quick projects yesterday:

I learned about this cool magnetic paint and decided to try it so that I could take down this white board and just put the magnets on the wall itself.


The magnetic paint is this black primer; it takes 3 coats with 30 minutes drying time between each coat.
(During the drying time I worked on another long-overdue project to be revealed at a later date ~ I've got to give my readers something to look forward to:)




And the final result:

Not all of my magnets would stick to the wall. The ones I made with scrapbook paper modgepodged onto clear stones would not stick; I guess I should try to find stronger magnets. But I still think it is fun to just have a magnetic wall!

While I was in painting mode I repainted the railing in the garage and touched up the walls.


Brian's been helping me, too. He painted the trim around all the outside doors and the outside of the shed. I guess every five years or so you have to touch up paint!

I'm really grateful for paint.
It's so easy to make things look clean and fresh and so many colors to choose!

6 comments:

Barbara Jackson said...

Again, OH MY GOSH Janet!!!! You are amazing. I LOVE the idea of the magnetic wall. Hm..........where to put it?

You inspire me daily!!!!

Keith Parsons said...

OK - now that is a paint job I can get 'into'.

It's like a 'techie' kind of paint. Way cool sis.

Mary said...

That's awesome!! When I paint my kids room I should put that on one wall so I can hang all their stuff from school!

Karrissa Winward said...

The magnetic wall is cool!

Cami said...

I have never heard of that before, but it is so cool. I will have to remember that for the day I have my own house again!

Gram said...

It turned out well, Janet. I knew you were going to do it and it looks good.