Thursday, October 1, 2009

The Unveiling

I finished the redo of my office! I'm very pleased with the result.

Just to clarify, I didn't redo my office just for the sake of change ~ I'm a firm believer in "Form Follows Function."

As most older folks will tell you, as you age you need more light to see well and the navy ceiling, while fun and novel for my "star room," really cut out a lot of light.

Secondly, in my new menopausal state I am always HOT! So the addition of the ceiling fan is necessary in my current stage of life. The blue on the walls turned out perfect and I just love it. It is definitely my HAPPY color!


Welcome to my new office. I was going to call it the "Coronado Beach Room" because that's where I got the color scheme from, but Michael's friend, Drew, says that's too long of a name. So I'm not sure ~ "Beach Room" There are still quite a few stars ~ keep "Star Room" Or maybe just "Sky Room" since it's the Color of the Sky over Timpanogos. (Also the name of the restaurant at BYU at the top of the Wilkinson Center)

This plaque my sister gave me is on the door ~ ain't it the truth?!


The light coming through the window doesn't show off the "seaside" valance very well, but I realized that I need one more valance to make it full enough. I have ordered it, so when it arrives I'll post a better picture of the curtains.


All my scrapbook supplies which I hope to get using up soon as I get the last two years caught up, then I'm thinking of getting into cardmaking to satisfy my creative urges.




I got these cute knobs at Anthropologie on sale a while ago and was waiting for the perfect place to put them. They look great on the closet doors.

If you want to see what it used to look like, go here.



6 comments:

laura said...

It looks great, Mom. I love the splashes of red with the blue. Beautiful. I like it more open without that other table in there. I don't think it looks too beachy, so Beach Room might not be the right name. I'd just call it Coronado. Or the Janet Room. Or even your office, as boring as that sounds.

You're amazingly talented. Love you!

P.S. I don't think the link to the old views works.

jenny said...

Love it Mom! You did great! Can't wait to see it in person. Ps we rode space mtn today and I thought of you:)

Kim said...

I vote for Sky Room. It's beautiful! I've been introducing more blue to my house recently and I'm loving it! Good work Ms. Menopause.

Devri said...

It's so pretty! It definitely looks like a happy place to spend time.

Richard B said...

Very good job Janet. I agree with Laura, call the room Coronado or Janet's Room. Thanks for your hard work, preparations, etc for the Korea Daejeon Mission reunion Thurs 1 Oct.

Gram said...

I love your new room whatever you are going to call it. I like the Sky Room because it is the blue of the sky over Timp.However, you have always been the Beach girl and Coronado is your favorite place to be. BTW Did you see the sky over Timp yesterday? It was marvelous. You did a great job on planning everything.

Thanks for the reunion and all the birthday, etc. Love You!!