Tuesday, January 19, 2010

January Cleaning

I got the urge to do some deep cleaning after the holidays. It took me two weeks to get through all of upstairs. (I cannot believe how slow I am in my old age!) My final space was my office. I've decided to just stick with calling it the Staroom. That was my original name when it was decorated completely with stars. Now I've added some beach decor, and the color theme came from the Hotel del Coronado, but there are still lots of stars and I like that name.

One of the things I did was frame some pictures and cards that I really like and added them to my walls.


Before

After
I can't help it, I'm just the "cluttery decorator"
(Notice the piano bench - I got Rich a new one for Christmas so I put this one in my staroom and I'm storing tissue paper for wrapping gifts in it.)


I love the new "Serenity" sign that Keith and Jill gave me for my birthday ~ Ryan picked it out


See all the stars and new windows ~ I love it!


I love this Ikea chair ~ my reading spot ~ however I'm not spending nearly enough time here!

And now I need to head down the stairs for some deep cleaning ~ but I think I'll take a breather first ~ on the ski trails!

2 comments:

Richard said...

Great decorating, Janet. I love the cluttery wall look!

Gram said...

I love your room and home that you have decorated so beautifully. Your new windows are wonderful, too!