Monday, April 12, 2010

The Divine Virtues



My husband's second book is now available!

The Divine Virtues is about taking upon ourselves the divine nature. It’s about acquiring the Christlike attributes in our lives, little by little, day by day. It’s not a book that makes you feel guilty, but rather it makes you feel hopeful that you can try to become a little better every day. It will be a part of my scripture study for the rest of my life because when I read it I understand more about the Christlike characteristics that I want to acquire, and hopeful that I can do it.

It’s for sale at amazon.com and at cedarfort.com. It may not be in Deseret Book stores yet, but will be if you ask for it. Actually having people ask for it is what causes Deseret Book to order it.

I am doing a random giveaway of this excellent book to some lucky person who leaves a comment on this post.


I had both of his books framed for his den. Don't they look great?



10 comments:

Richard B said...

You need a larger wall. It's nice that you keep Rich's office looking nice. Great blog on Easter dinner and pictures. I'm looking old.

laura said...

I love it!

Ryan said...

They say not to judge a book by its cover, but if what's inside is half as good as the cover art it will still be a great read. It looks amazing. I look forward to reading it.

(You don't need to include me in the "random" giveaway!)

Gram said...

You will need as larger wall if he keeps writing books. What a neat way to display them. They both are really good books and displayed very nicely. I haven't read the second one yet but it is on my table by my recliner so that I will get to it.

clarkjrfamily said...

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog so I could find yours! I'd love to read the book.

Richard said...

Thanks very much, jpr. For everything. The blog post and the wall!!!

Amberlin Gefrom said...

OOhh neat! He is such an amazing man! As I am sure you know this! :-)

Cami said...

What a great guy! I have always loved your family. Can't wait to read the book. Now that I nurse a baby and am forced to sit for 20 minutes or so I have a chance to read.

kacy faulconer said...

I'm going to demand this at Deseret Book right away.

Emilee said...

I just received my copy this week & started it yesterday... and I love it already! Thank you!!