Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Thank you, Comcast

Today I got to spend a couple of hours hooking up the new digital boxes to all our TVs. Yes, we have SEVEN TVs upstairs and ONE downstairs. That is why we have always had comcast cable. No satellite companies will work with that many TVs. It's not like we really watch TV THAT much, but it's just convenient to have them in all our rooms:

Rich's Den: He likes to watch news or sports while working at his desk

Our Bedroom: We rarely watch TV in bed, but I iron in our bedroom (that way I can easily hang up the freshly ironed clothes in the closet) and I HAVE to watch TV while ironing.

Our Bathroom: Ok, I know this is weird, but when we were remodeling/enlarging our bathroom 16 years ago and the wall was open, we thought why not have a cable outlet on the bathroom side? It's turned out to be one of the most used TVs. Rich watches news while showering and shaving in the morning. Since adding our bidet toilet seat, it's become an even more popular TV.

Exercise Room: Well, duh, you have to watch TV or DVD while on the treadmill, plus this room doubles as the toy room, so the gkiddies like to watch a movie while playing, too.

My Staroom: I confess I like to have the TV on sometimes when scrapbooking or working on my computer. My default channel is TNT ~ they know drama!

Laundry Room: It's an old TV that we bought the kids for gaming back in 1990 and it still works, but doesn't have a remote, so I couldn't hook up digital to it. But it's nice when I'm folding clothes or sewing.

The Family Room: Of course, this is where most of the serious TV watching takes place, with the DVR and no commercials.

The Downstairs Family Room: This is our old, very large, big screen that sits on the floor. But it still works, even though it's not used often.

On occasion I have been known to watch "Law and Order" while cleaning house and I don't have to miss any dialogue while moving from room to room. :)

2 comments:

allegra said...

ha ha i loved this post. i'll have to tell dan. he'd be kinda jealous of all those tv's!

a friend of mine from college... her parents just got called to be the new mission presidents in korea!

allegra said...

well, not just got called...

they landed there today is what she was telling me.