Sunday, June 20, 2010

YW Camp 2010


9th Ward Princess Warriors Wearing the Whole Armor of God

We had a wonderful YW camp this past week. I'm so grateful that I got to be a part of it. Camp Shalom is one of my favorite places on the earth. We had some extreme weather. Microbursts knocking over our canopy, snow flurries around the campfire, rain and cold, sunny and warm, a fire on the next mountain over ~ all of which made camp more interesting and gave us something to talk about! My favorite part is feeling the Spirit and just having fun with my fellow sisters in the gospel, young and old.



Deer in the woods

Fun on the lake:




Our cute Young Women doing the Perverse Reverse confidence course

Two good friends for twenty-plus years: AnnaRae and Elise

During the wind storm several trees were uprooted. Here's one of them; the first picture shows the root end, the next one shows how long the tree was. We were blessed that no one was hurt!




While we were cabin bound during the wind storm, our Fairy Godmother came to visit and brought gifts for everyone!


Our empty trailer became our dining room during the windstorm


This was my eleventh year at Camp Shalom and I've been to Lone Pine every year.
I love that hike!

the Lone Pine hike crew

The view of the Seven Peaks of Utah County from Shalom

Nothing feels as good as washing your hair after the hike. Norma graciously did the honors with warm water on the "guillotine stump of hair washing"

Princess Warriors at Stake Flag Ceremony

Princess Warriors singing "We Are All Enlisted"

Bishop Rife helping with dinner preparations

In our stake tee shirts

View of the fire billowing across the way. It was a controlled burn by the forest service so we were in no danger ~ but it looked kind of scary!

It's all good at Camp Shalom!

6 comments:

Karrissa Winward said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time at camp! All your preparations were so worth it! I miss Camp Shalom.

Shari said...

Thank you for the fun photos. Can't believe it is all over. I loved the plethora of pink in such a beautiful setting. It was heaven and I am so glad I was there!

Richard said...

It was a great YW camp for another year. A big thanks to our five "Granny leaders" who spent the whole week with the young women. And, a big thanks to the young women who acted spectacularly.

Richard B said...

And a fun time was had by all. I'm glad you enjoy Girl's Camp and have been able to attend these many years. You are a great example to the YW.

jenny said...

Looks like Camp 2010 was a success! I'm sure all of the girls appreciated all of the hard work you put into making camp so fun this year. Glad you are home, I missed talking to you! See you in a few days:)

Gram said...

Looks like you had a good time despite the storm and fire. Keep on keeping. You do a good job at it and I am glad you enjoy the hike and can still do it. Your preparations paid off and the photos were fun to look at.

The garden photos were fun too and you saved me buying a topsy turvy. I like your nice box planter.