Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Projects

Two weeks ago Laura was cleaning her house in anticipation of my visit. Well, she's coming here next Tuesday and I am currently trying to finish up some projects in anticipation of her visit. There's nothing like having visitors come to give you the motivation to really get some stuff off your to do list!

Fortunately, I have had a lot of help from Brian and Michael this week.

Brian was my go to man for the playset. When we bought it used I had some big plans for it and they are complete this week with Brian's help. First, he stained it and it looks just beautiful. Next he filled the sandbox with sand. I even got some new sand toys, but I definitely need more since there's only one shovel. Then he helped me cover the picnic table and benches with vinyl. We padded the benches with foam and then covered them with the vinyl. And the vinyl tablecloth is stapled on so it won't blow away. I think the gkiddies are going to love it!








My next project was the window wells. I cleaned them out from the inside a couple of weeks ago and this week Michael and Brian hauled 1000 lbs of river rock in 50-lb bags to put in the window wells. I'm really pleased with how it turned out. Last October we got the grates to put over the window wells, but I wasn't happy until they were cleaned out and had new rock.


from the inside


from the outside


we also added rock to this spot by the outside entrance to the basement where we keep the ladder

This morning I washed all the outside windows. A few years ago I bought some professional window washing equipment and I had all the windows washed in less than 40 minutes!

I'm getting the carpets cleaned on Friday and then I'll be ready for my visitors!

4 comments:

Richard B said...

Great job. It's nice to have Brian and Michael around to help with your projects. Wouldn't it be better to clean the carpets after your visitors?

laura said...

Wow. That playset is good for HOURS of entertainment. You know Andrew is so excited to swing at Nana's house. We can't wait to see you again!

Gram said...

Wow! no wonder I haven't heard from you. You three have been super busy. They did a great job on the pay house and the window wells turned out beautiful. I am sure all the grand kids are going to love the playset!

Shari said...

If I bring lunch, can we sit and eat at the picnic table? It looks so shady and happy.