Thursday, November 11, 2010

Happy Pepero/Veterans Day





November 11th, in addition to being Veteran's Day, is also Pepero Day in Korea. Pepero are fun pretzel sticks dipped in chocolate and everyone gives them to each other on 11-11. I sent packages of pepero to NY, Hawaii and Layton and gave them to the kids in our home and delivered them to Todd at work and to my parents.

At 7 am I got a "hey tell" thank you message from the Hammers in Layton, and later a text thank you from Michael, and this cute picture from the Buchanans in NY:


I also got to join my Mom and Dad (my favorite veteran) for lunch at Applebys where they got free meals for veterans, and then they paid for mine :)

And I thought this full-page ad was a lovely sentiment from Korea to America on Veterans day.

2 comments:

Gram said...

Thank you for the "pepero's" and also going to lunch with us. We greatly enjoyed both.

Richard B said...

Thank you Janet for your help on Friday, the Pepero's and just being you. Love and stuff....