Friday, January 14, 2011

Visiting Teaching RS Meeting


Wednesday night we had a Visiting Teaching Relief Society Meeting in our ward. It was such a lovely evening! We had yummy soups and breads for dinner with gingerbread cake for dessert with a lemon sauce and cinnamon whipped cream. Delicious!

Around the room were 73 pictures of the front door of each house in our ward. The game was to identify whose door it was ~ "Who's behind the door?" Since our ward became a ward in September 2005 I can't count the number of times I have walked the ward to deliver flyers, or RS newsletters, or YW flyers, or Christmas gifts. I have enjoyed these walks and like to think about the members of our ward as I walk to their door. Well, thanks to all those walks ~ I won and was crowned "Miss A-doorable!"


This picture appeared on facebook while I was still at the meeting


It just happened that I was wearing purple and the crown and ribbon were purple, too. The game was NOT rigged!

I was asked to read my blog post entitled "Why I Love Visiting Teaching."

Thanks for a lovely evening Relief Society!

1 comments:

Gram said...

It was very fitting that you were chosen "Miss Adoorable". You have walked your ward so many times that I am sure that weren't many you didn't recognize.