Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Mother's Day 2011

It was a different Mother's Day for me this year. Laura and Todd in New York, Brian in Florida, Michael in the MTC and it was the year for Jenny and Mary to be with their other families. It enjoyed a pleasant Sunday morning and Church and then (gasp!) we went out to dinner with my parents. Rich has always felt that mothers shouldn't have to cook on Mother's Day and since we had no one coming for dinner we just went out. It was a nice change. Jenny and Trevor stopped by on their way home from Layton in the evening and it was great to see them.


I'm thankful for my mother who has always been a wonderful example of dedicating herself to her family and the gospel. I'm thankful to have received kind texts and facebook messages and blog posts from each of my children, even Michael sent me a special Mother's Day letter.

it's all good!

3 comments:

Richard B said...

It was nice to be with on Mothers Day. Great photo of you and Mom! Glad all your children expressed their love to you.

laura said...

I'm glad you had a good Mother'd Day even if it was different. You are an amazing mother and I'm grateful that you are mine. Love you.

Gram said...

We did have a good Mother's Day this year. Well, we actually do every year but it was fun to go to eat together just the four of us. Thanks for all the good you do for us and others.