Sunday, August 7, 2011

June Ensign

I have been working on reading the May Conference Ensign and so I got behind on June, July and August Ensign magazines. I'm trying to catch up. Today I picked up the June Ensign and read the article entitled, "He Carried My Sorrows." It was perfect for what I needed to hear today.

Elder Scott:

"When those trials are not consequences of your disobedience, they are evidence that the Lord feels you are prepared to grow more. He therefore gives you experiences that stimulate growth, understanding and compassion, which polish you for your everlasting benefit. To get you from where you are to where He wants you to be requires a lot of stretching and that generally entails discomfort and pain." (Ensign, Nov 1995)

Like the author, Jane Bleak, I have felt these same blessings in my life:

"He has blessed me with hope in the future, helped me to heal my heavy heart, heightened my awareness of the goodness around me, given me opportunities to serve, deepened my compassion for others, and magnified my love for family and friends.

"Through it all I have gained a testimony that our challenge is to surrender our will to our Heavenly Father because only then can we personally be refined and polished in the was He has specifically designed for each of us."

3 comments:

Amberlin Gefrom said...

I remember reading that talk and it REALLY helped me too. THe Ensign's are so great to have! Love you!

Gram said...

I love the Ensign. It is always fun to go back and read them over again. You can always find one that was a talk just written for you personally.

You are an angel and you are loved and know that the lord loves you and sends angels to watch over you, too.

Troy said...

I loved that article. Elder Scott has a deep understanding of our pains and sorrows because of his own trials, yet always a thought and idea to boost your revive to be happy. When I read that I couldn't help but think of an old saying I've told my kids. "Pain is the best teacher". Kinda takes all the elegance out of a great article though. Just keep that saying in mind when you have to straighten Trevor out. He and pain are bruthas.