Thursday, October 6, 2011

Heather's Poem

My Blue
My Blue is you.
When I see Blue, I think of you. Any shade of Blue is you, except turquoise.
On a clear, crisp winter day, the best of Blue can be found.
Skiis on, friends nearby, where mountains of snow surround.
Peaceful, magnificent, inspiring and true,
Eyes look up and see the perfection of Blue.

An ocean sky of Blue and gray,
Brings a memory of a treasured day.
A family of friends gather on the shore,
Bare feet sinking in the warm summer sand.
Smiles, laughter, patience and prayers,
Eternal progression guided by His hand.
Lessons of life are learned from family it seems.
don't push, don't pull, let God intervene.

My Blue is you, my forever friend.
You're a blessing to me, an answer to prayer.
Lessons I've learned by you just being there.

A most grateful friend, a new love for Blue,
Sees more beauty in life because of you.
Mountains were climbed and roadtrips were taken.
Prayers were given for children,
And diets forsaken.
Long walks with dogs under beautiful skies,
Husbands understood through a friend's kind eyes.

My constant prayer for a miracle,
Consumes my soul by night, by day.
My voice whispers "thy will not mine"
But "Oh please, oh please, let my dear friend stay."

My Blue is you, that will always be.
My thanks to you for befriending me.


4 comments:

Jesse and Alysha Lanham said...

That is such a sweet poem! It brought tears to my eyes! What a great friend you have :)

Mary said...

That was beautiful.

rrife said...

I love Heather's poem.

Shari said...

What a wonderful friend who knows you so well. You and Heather share something so special - a sweet 'tender mercy' for you both.