Thursday, November 24, 2011

35th Anniversary in San Diego

Before I got sick, we decided to spend our 35th anniversary at the Hotel del Coronado. It's our favorite hotel! Right on the best beach in the world. The book "Bid Time Return" was set there, which was made into the movie "Somewhere in Time." Unfortunately, they filmed the movie in Chicago instead of at the Hotel del Coronado, and it was the worse for it, in my opinion.


We love San Diego! We had a great time going to Seaport Village, Fresh Produce store in La Jolla, Horton Plaza (where we saw Breaking Dawn, Part one). Rich spoiled me with gifts of new clothing (my favorite) and we had some delicious meals - with Rich waiting patiently for me to finish each meal - I'm so slow at eating now! We enjoyed having a perfect view of the ocean from our hotel room.

the poinsettia tree at Seaport Village
I love the clouds in San Diego


the view from our bed!
Hotel del Coronado
We had visitors on our balcony, there's two birds there!
the tree in the lobby
the beautiful Christmas decorations
Christmas lights on Hotel del Coronado

this is the new dolphin arena at Seaworld
so many beautiful sunsets, from our room!


seagull on our balcony
our bathroom
our perfect hotel room

clouds from our balcony
our picture at Seaworld
balcony view
I love the restroom doors at the San Diego Airport

4 comments:

Karrissa Winward said...

I'm so glad you got to spend your anniversary there!! I loved all the pictures!

Amberlin Gefrom said...

I am glad you got spoiled! You deserve it! I love that hotel..one day maybe I will stay there but for now I can live vicariously through the pictures!

Gram said...

I loved all your photos of the vacation. We saw a poinsettia tree like that when we toured Miami at the time we won a trip to the Orange Bowl. It was so beautiful and amazing.

Your hotel room was certainly beautiful and a gorgeous view from the balcony. The cloud pics were awesome! I am so happy that Rich spoiled you with the shopping trips. He knows what makes you happy an you deserve it!

Richard B said...

A great place to spend an anniversary! Thanks for sharing some neat photo's. Love ya....