Saturday, December 10, 2011

Christmas Traditions

#1. We went to The Forgotten Carols on December 1st. Just Rich and I. We went last year and really enjoyed it, so we went again. It's a little cheesy, but that's what I like about it. I love all the forgotten carols! Michael McLean's shameless self-promoting is exceeded by his love of the Savior and the fact that he ends the show without applause and the true Christmas spirit.


 Rich and Janet at The Forgotten Carols

#2. We go to the Hale Center Theater in Orem every year for A Christmas Carol the whole family. But ever since we saw My Fair Lady at the Salt Lake HCT, Rich has been dying to see it staged there. We went Tuesday night and it was amazing. Really, the staging and actors are wonderful!

#3. Kurt Bestor is a favorite event for our family. We started going years ago and it only gets better. We love sitting in Abravanel Hall and enjoying the full orchestra that Kurt brings. We especially love seeing our ward member, Michael Dowdle. And we also claim Daron Bradford, who we were ward members with in student housing years ago. This year we had a special treat! Rich was chosen to read 'Twas the Night Before Christmas. Every year Kurt chooses someone to read as he plays music to accompany the reading. We have always known that Rich would do a great job if he had the chance. He did a great job! In fact, on the way to our car people were commenting on how well he did and rolling down windows to tell him what a good job he did!
It was a fun Christmas memory!









#4. We will be attending HCT Orem's rendition of A Christmas Carol with the entire family again on December 20th.

3 comments:

Jeanette Cox said...

You have some great Christmas traditions. We need to improve in that cultural are. How fun!

Richard B said...

Thanks for your post of Christmas traditions. They really do make memories.

Gram said...

That was aFUN evening and I was so happy that Rich got to read for Kurt. He did a great job as we all knew he would. I enjoyed the music more this year I think. Except I really enjoyed Kristin Oaks on the violin better for the guest. I am happy I got to go, because I'll miss Christmas Carol this year & it makes me sad. I love watching th kids response.