Saturday, December 17, 2011

Melissa Sonksen

Twenty-seven years ago we moved to Seoul Korea, Melissa Sonksen was already living there.  Her husband worked for a bank and we were moving there for Rich to be a "foreign legal consultant." I remember well the day that Melissa took me the grocery store and showed me the how to buy sugar and salt and which was which!  We were great friends, getting together often to have dinner and play games.  Craig Sonksen was our branch president and when they moved, Rich took over as branch president.


Anyway, Melissa was coming to town and came a day early to visit me!  It is wonderful when you have friends where the years just pass away and you are just as comfortable as years ago.  Melissa is a great person with a lovely personality.  We had just a great time together!

1 comments:

Sister Sonksen said...

Thanks so much for having me!!! I loved being with you, Janet, it was like "peas and carrots" to quote Forrest Gump. The years just melt away and everything comes back into focus. I think that's how it'll be in heaven, we'll be with all our good friends and remember everything. I loved your YW lesson, I felt the spirit all day and with your darling family, it was an outpouring of the holy ghost the entire time. I'm so happy I came. I will be back!! love you.