Thursday, January 12, 2012

Old Korean Friends!


Rich, President Till, Norm Nemrow, Craig Sonksen and Mark Peterson



Janet, Randy Peterson, Lorraine DeWaal, Melissa Sonksen, Cindy Nemrow, Diane Till

We lived in Seoul for five years, 1984-1989, and we have such great friends there.  When you don't have family around, your friends become your family.  Last night we had an opportunity to visit with some of those friends at a wedding reception for Stephanie Sonksen.  It was great to visit with our old Korean friends!

3 comments:

Richard B said...

That is a neat group of Korean friends, all church members. Glad you were able to see them.

Gram said...

I am so happy you were able to see your good friends from years past. I can remember you talking about some of these sisters in your letters home.

It is true...when you don't have family around the members of your ward or branch do become your family & life long friends.

Sister Sonksen said...

Best time EVER !!! too bad I didn't attempt to talk much to
Elder Dallin Oaks who was there, I wanted to talk to my old Korean friends!!! It was great to see you AGAIN Janet, I love and adore you and I love our friends..best bunch of people we've even known. Thanks for having me visit in December, I love it when I feel close enough to someone to call and say "oh by the way, I'm coming for a visit and can I stay over?" !! ha ha love you !