Tuesday, February 14, 2012

My Valentine

My Valentine and I have been together for 35 years.  Since I got ALS  he has been my rock.  He's kind and loving and serving me all the time.  He has always been a good provider, but now he makes phone calls for me (something I've always done in our relationship) and serves me in more ways than I can name.  He tucks me in at night after putting my bipap machine on and praying with me.  He is always the voice in those prayers since I can't talk any more.  He feeds me and puts water in my feeding tube and generally just takes care of me, more than I deserve.  I'm sorry that he has had to become my caregiver, but I'm so grateful that he does it with loving kindness.

2 comments:

Gram said...

I am so thankful that he has been your "rock" and your valentine. He has amazed me how tender and sweet he has been to you and how he protects you. Those roses are beautiful, just a small token of how much he cares and loves you. I feel you are so blessed to have such a good man who is willing to serve you and be tender caretaker at this time. He is just returning all the good he has received from you in the past years of your marriage. You truly have an eternal love that is sweet and tender.

allegra said...

This made me cry! We look up to you guys and are always keeping you in our prayers. Thanks for being such good people and an inspiration.

xo