Monday, October 29, 2007

My Layton Peeps



It's time for me to post about the fine Hammer family of Layton, Utah.

SOPHIE: At almost 17 months old she is a whirlwind of activity. She's constantly on a "search and destroy" mission. She has the cutest smile and dimples (thanks for that contribution, Logan) and just melts your heart when she smiles. Which is often because she's a happy girl. When she's excited she jumps up and down and squeals with delight.

AYDEN: Ayden is a sweet boy. He's affectionate and doesn't have to be coaxed much for a hug or kiss. He's smart and is learning new things quickly at his preschool. For example he can say the "pledge of allegiance," and it's the cutest thing you've ever heard. I love it whenever I get to see Ayden and he is always genuinely happy to see me!

MARY: Mary is so beautiful both inside and outside. She's always been beautiful outside, but somehow she's never recognized it or acted like she knew it - which makes her even more beautiful inside. Mary is a lot like her Dad, which makes her easy for me to love, since I love him so much. She's kind and considerate and she's a really great mother to Ayden and Sophie. I love to watch her dance, I kind of miss that - we need a "watch Mary's dance videos" date! I love you, Mary!

LOGAN, aka ELDER HAMMER: When I first met Logan it was in Daejeon on our mission, within the first week that I arrived. Logan stands out wherever he is because he's so outgoing and friendly, and pretty cute, as well. We loved Elder Hammer long before he and Mary even met and couldn't be happier to have him join our eternal family. He's a great husband and father - always full of energy whether it's helping in the kitchen, cleaning house, changing diapers, and now starting a great new business: Obuba

I love you, Hammer family!

4 comments:

laura said...

I am totally in for a "watch dance videos" date! Wait until I come. Please!?

Those Hammers are a pretty darn cool family. And amazingly beautiful!

Gram said...

I loved reading your description of each of the Hammer's. Very well done! They are a super cute family. I loved seeing them last night. When Ayden says the pledge in his tiny little voice it is so cute. Sophie is beautiful and you just want to squeeze her. It is a good thing kids are so cute when they can be so inquisitive and destructive at the same. Love that family!

Mary said...

Thanks Mom! That was such a sweet tribute to our little family. Thank you for your kind words. We all love you too, and we are grateful for your example. love you!

WIKKY said...

I love the cute Layton family! They are such neat people...
Great post!