Tuesday, January 29, 2008

I Ski, I'm a Skier, I'm Skiing!







I love cross country skiing! I just started last year, so I'm still kind of new to the sport, but words cannot express how much I love it. I love being outside on a winter day, preferably sunny, but any day on the trails is great. The sky is the most beautiful deep lapis blue and the snow glistens with millions of diamonds. The leafless trees are a beautiful brown silhouette against the white snow and the blue sky, and every once in while there's an evergreen thrown into the mix. It feels so good to work hard at getting up a hill and then speed down the other side. I think about going everyday, but my goal is to get there a couple of times a week. I'm so blessed to have a dear husband who supports my hobby. And blessed to live so close to the mountains; in twenty minutes I can be at the Sundance Nordic Center, on my skiis hitting the trail. Here are some of the awesome views from today's outing.

Alan took the picture of Laura and me when we went skiing on New Year's Day.

Note: The title comes from "What About Bob?" where he says "I sail, I'm a sailor, I'm sailing"

4 comments:

laura said...

Not "habit," "hobby!"

Love you. And love that you love skiing. And love that you love me even though I don't love skiing. (yet?)

Gram said...

I loved the photos and would love to be out there with you if I could physically do it. Enjoy it now and maybe you'll be able to enjoy it when you are my age. The blue sky and white snow are amazing.

jenny said...

I think its great that you can find new hobbies at any stage of your life. You're awesome! love you

Richard B said...

I'm glad for your enjoyment of cross country skiing. It's great exercise, outside with fresh air and the beauty of the earth. It's even better that it's so close. Enjoy!