Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Goodbye to President Hinckley



My first thought upon hearing that President Hinckley died was how happy he and Marjorie are to be together again. I'm grateful for the wonderful example he set for all of us of being positive and full of good humor and giving his all to living the gospel and fulfilling his callings in the Church.

Monday morning when I dropped Michael off at Timpanogos High School it touched my heart to see so many of the students heading into the school dressed in their Sunday best. I think it is a great honor to President Hinckley that the youth planned and got the word out to each other to dress up in honor of him. I have to admit I shed a tear on the way home. They really are a chosen generation!

2 comments:

Cami said...

What a cool thing for the students to do. I bet it was a neat sight. We are all so happy for him to be with his wife again! He was such a great example of service - without complaining.

Gram said...

What a great man and prophet he was. I've loved all the coverage they've had in the media. I have also shed a few tears at the tributes to him. How special for the teens to show respect to him by dressing up.