Tuesday, February 12, 2008

My Baptism Day




I was baptized a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints on this day 42 years ago in Oslo, Norway by my father. I wore a white dress that my mother made me that had a little red velvet jacket to wear over it on Sunday when I got confirmed. I'm grateful for parents who taught me the gospel and baptized me when I was eight years old. It is a great blessing in my life to be a member of the Church and especially to have the Gift of the Holy Ghost in my life.

You may wonder why I wasn't baptized until February when my birthday is December 31st - three days before my eighth birthday I fell on my new ice skates that Santa brought me and broke my right arm. So I had to wait six weeks until the cast came off to be baptized. My baptism day is also Abraham Lincoln's birthday, so it's appropriate that I grew up to marry a man who loves and admires Abraham Lincoln. It's all good.

2 comments:

Gram said...

Nice comments about your baptism, Janet. I remember it so well. If only I could remember the things that are happening now, as well as that. I love you!

Cami said...

That is a neat memory and a good idea to blog about it. Too funny that you broke your arm and had to wait!