Monday, May 12, 2008

Book Review




I recently read this book. Eckhart Tolle is a spiritual teacher. He teaches that we need be Conscious in each moment and be in touch with the Eternal in each of us. The best part was the 10-week webclasses with the author and Oprah. Each Monday night they covered a chapter of the book. The next day I would download the (free) podcast and listen to it on my ipod while skiing, walking, driving, etc. I liked the book, but I thoroughly enjoyed the podcasts. People listened and called in from all over the world. It's deep and thought-provoking and enriched my life and I recommend both the book and the podcasts.

5 comments:

Richard B said...

What would we do without Keith. He certainly jumped on the band wagon about this book in your discussion on Sunday. I'm personally pleased that you have enjoyed reading it and your followup with the author. Keep on keeping daughter!

laura said...

I am looking forward to reading this book someday in my life when I have more than 5 minutes a day to read.

Gram said...

I am happy you gained something from the book. I had to laugh today at the BX checkout stand where the Enquirer or one of those type magazines had a picture of Oprah and accused her of being in a cult. I presume the article had to do with this book and the podcasts.

Keith Parsons said...

Ok - you've now thrown down the gauntlet... I'll read this book. I picked it up in the Airport Bookstore and read a chapter. I can read the entire book perhaps without gagging... if for no other reason than to document "philosophies of men mingled with scripture" ;-)

Jill Parsons said...

I could probably read the book if I wanted to be disowned. Just kidding. I like when you and Keith post comments on books you have read. thanks for sharing