Monday, May 12, 2008

Spring

I've been in a slight state of mourning over the passing of skiing season for the year. (it's eight long months until I can hit the trails again) Because of my newfound love of winter and skiing, I had forgotten the beauty of spring. But then my flowering plum trees blossomed in my back yard . . .








right next to the bright golden forsythia bush . . .And the snow-capped mountains with blue sky and green foothills, almost made me forget about skiing.

I love that we live in such a beautiful world and in such a beautiful spot on this earth. I love all the seasons; but I have been touched again by the delicate beauty of spring with all it's flowering in soft pastels.

Thank you, God.

2 comments:

laura said...

I always think fall is my favorite season, but spring is a very very close second. I love the color of green the trees are this time of year!

Gram said...

Yes, I am very thankful, too for the beauty of the earth in the spring. I love driving down our street and seeing all the flowering cherry trees and the tulips in bloom. I am like Laura. My favorite season is fall but spring runs a very close second.