Thursday, May 8, 2008

Spring Cleaning!

The week after Disneyland I got down and dirty with the spring cleaning. My motivation? On April 30th I had fifty-two of my Mom's side of the family at our home for a family reunion. I'm grateful for the motivation! I had quite the week cleaning EVERYTHING! Every closet, drawer, cupboard, inside and out, light fixtures and fans, showers and tubs. It sure felt good! Company is the perfect motivation to get your house clean and then enjoy the visit.




Then I moved to outside and spruced up the front porch flower bed. We had recently pulled out the overgrown bushes and a huge blue spruce and so I had an empty canvas to work with. It was still early for putting annuals in the ground, so I just did some pots for color. There will be a hedge up against the porch when the 11 boxwood plants grow together. I love my new simpler and cleaner flower bed, the perfect spot to look out onto from my porch swing.

3 comments:

Mary said...

I wish I was as good at spring cleaning as you are. (or just cleaning in general :) The house always looks great and it is a comfortable place for our family to hang. Thanks Mom!

Laura H said...

Wow! The front looks great and I'm sure the house does too. It always does. Wish I had some of that gumption to clean. Heaven knows our house needs it---BAD!

Gram said...

It is nice you had the energy to do all that spring cleaning. I wish I could. I really like the look of your front yard. I've always loved the view from your front porch and your swing is just so nice to sit in and enjoy the view.