Thursday, June 5, 2008

Manti Temple



 I've never done a session in the Manti Temple and I've wanted to for a long time, so today was the day. I love adding a new temple to my list of the ones I've been inside. I have to say that I think it is one of the most beautiful! It was dedicated in 1888 and remodeled/rededicated in 1988. I love the old furniture and woodwork, so painstakingly handcrafted by loving saints long ago.
Judy Claybaugh was kind enough to go with me. We had a few others lined up to go, but they fell through and we decided we were going anyway! We even got a little tour inside the temple after our session, and of course, we had to eat lunch in the cafeteria!






This was the sight we ran into on the way home on the road between Fairview and Thistle. Herding sheep across the road with a four-wheeler. Please note that the sheep dog is riding the four-wheeler as well!






3 comments:

Cami said...

Beautiful! The temple is pretty, too! So glad you and my mom are so close. What a good example of true freindship. And what a great thing to do together!

Gram said...

I am happy you and Juday were able to go to the Manti temple. It is pretty inside and I've loved the Teichert mural. The sheep remind me of driving Dr. Harmon monthly to San Pete County for five years. There were times we met sheep and their were times we were blessed to miss the deer running across the road.

jenny said...

I'm glad you had such an amazing day at the Temple, Mom. And thanks for talking to me in your room:)