Saturday, September 6, 2008

Booboo on My Finger


Earlier in the week my right pointer finger started hurting. At first I thought I must have a sliver, but couldn't find anything. It just kept getting worse, red and swollen and that kind of deep pain that makes you nauseous, so I finally went to the doctor. I felt stupid going to the doctor with a "sore finger" but he took me seriously and got an x-ray and blood work. We were thinking maybe gout. Well, today I got a call with the diagnosis: a fracture! I have no idea when I got injured enough to break a bone ~ but apparently I did. So I get to wear this lovely splint for two weeks and return to the doctor. Crazy!

6 comments:

laura said...

No way! That's crazy, Mom. Your nails look good!

Karrissa Winward said...

That is weird, you broke your finger and you didn't even know it!!

jenny said...

Crazy mom! I'm so sorry!

jenny said...

Mom!! Cute new blue-i LOVE IT:)

Barbara Jackson said...

Wow, way to be tough!!!! The rest of us cry over a hang nail and you break a finger and don't know it.

Gram said...

I am sorry you broke your finger but it must not have been too painful when it happened or you would remember it. Hope it heals quickly.