Sunday, October 5, 2008

Conference Sunday Dinner


When we had dinner at Elder Song's home a couple of weeks ago he said, "Sister Rife, I miss your cooking!" Since this particular sentence has never been said to me before, I asked what he missed and he said it was my taco salad. On our mission I always served taco salad to the zone leaders at Zone Leader Council. So, of course, that's what I made for dinner. Basically it's just all the fixings for a Mexican meal and people can just put it together however they want : taco-seasoned ground beef, black beans, lime cilantro rice, (Cafe Rio recipe) chips, cheese, tomatoes, lettuce, olives, sour cream, onions, ranch dressing, cilantro ranch dressing, (again, Cafe Rio recipe) guacamole, salsa. Mary brought the homemade salsa she made and bottled (70 jars!) this week and Jenny and I made some fresh this morning from the tomatoes in my garden.


Gramps, Elder Song and son, Logan, Gram


The cute newlyweds, Trevor and Jenny.
It was so fun to have them home all weekend!


Michelle and Todd


Ayden and Mary ~ always a joy to have the Hammer family for a visit!

Rich and I with Yesol Jung, the daughter of one of the Stake Presidents in our mission who is here atttening UVU.


All the girls

Rich and I with Elder Song's cute family, and Gram

Unfortunately, some of our guests left before we pulled out the camera; we were also happy to have my brother Keith's family, Adam Rife and roommate, Brian & Anna, Michael and Braden, Sonhee Cho and her boyfriend, James.

5 comments:

Richard B said...

Not that you don't have enough to do, you are on top of updating your blog. Thanks for a lovely evening and great food.

Karrissa Winward said...

Wish we could have been there! I love the watches and bracelets you made!

Gram said...

Thanks for a lovely dinner, Janet!We appreciate sharing your pleasant home with you and your family and last night with the extra Koreans, etc. Have a great trip to St. George.

laura said...

Fun!

We had a few friends over and served tacos too! Maybe it'll be a new fall conference tradition.

Wish we could have been there!

jenny said...

Dinner was great! You are a great host. Thanks for having us all weekend. And thanks for letting me use your cute beads!