Saturday, October 11, 2008

Off-Duty

On Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday four friends and I played hooky from our daily responsibilities and went on a GIRLS ROAD TRIP TO ST GEORGE. We had a lovely time just visiting and having no schedule. The four hours in the car each way were just a delightful time to visit. I love having friends who are my sisters in the gospel and everything we discuss has a gospel spin to it. It's so great to have friends that you can share your challenges and struggles with as well as gospel insights and silly jokes. ("take a deep breath, it's not your last meal!") I love you girls!


The big rocking chair at Beaver

Tuesday night we saw this:

here:


Dinner at Iggy's


We made these with beads; no girls road trip is complete without some creative crafting time!


We ended our trip with a session at the St George Temple and our last stop out of town:


7 comments:

Gram said...

Looks like you had a great time and I am happy for you. Good food, good friends, a craft or two and the temple. What more could you ask for?

Cami said...

Thanks for being a great friend to my mom. I love to see her and you guys getting away for a bit and doing something fun to take care of yourselves!

jenny said...

What a blast! I'm so glad you got to go have a girls trip! How fun for you cute girlies. Love you and can't wait till Fri

Mary said...

So fun Mom! I'm glad you had a trip with your girlies!

allegra said...

Sister Rife?! thanks for visiting!! i'm blushing. i had no idea Dan's mission pres and wife looked at my blog.... mabye i shouldn't say things like "horny" and "sexy" :) i'm a little embarrassed, i can't lie. gosh, dan tells me ALL the time how much he LOVED his mission president.

a girls road trip? hmmm, that sounds REALLY fun. i could use something like that!

thanks for visiting our blog. i'm flattered!

allegra said...

p.s. the mission reunion looked like so much fun! wish we could have been there!
much love,
allegra

Nicole said...

Hey Janet! Your blog is so cute. What a fun trip with the girls. I would love to do that with all my friends. It was good seeing you the other night, you looked beautiful as always!