Monday, October 20, 2008

Fall Beauty



It was such a beautiful fall day I got a couple of friends (Heather and Kathy - my "little friends" of Sundance ski lift fame) and headed up American Fork Canyon to enjoy the autumn colors. We went to Silver Lake and part of the way up the Alpine Loop. We're a little late for fall colors; I must remember that once it's pretty in the valley, it's too late in the mountains! But it was lovely to be out in nature with good friends.




A great view of the back of Timp; Silver Lake Reservoir was disappointingly low. I've been here before when the reflection of the Timp in the lake was just gorgeous.


It was a "good cloud day." Jenny says I say that every day, but living in Utah there are a lot of good cloud days and I love them all.

4 comments:

laura said...

Beautiful! I can't believe fall is over there. It's just beginning here and it's breathtaking!

Barbara Jackson said...

Oh how I LOVE/Hate Silver Lake. Ned and I hike the trail to the "upper" lake and it continues to show me who is the boss. Don't kid yourself, it isn't Barbara, it is the trail. But we continue to go, who knows, maybe some day I will be the boss!!!!

Gram said...

Beautiful pictures even if the vibrancy was past. I love living in this area and seeing fall as it arrives.

jenny said...

Well it's just because you're always looking for the beauty:) Love you Marmi