Thursday, November 27, 2008

Fall Cleaning and Home

In preparation for the holidays I did a major cleaning on Tuesday and part of Wednesday. It was hard work but it felt so good to do this:

Vacuming under the couch cushions
Cleaning both ovens, the fridge and pantry
Cleaning all three bathrooms - really well
Dusting all furniture
Vacuming and mopping all floors
Cleaning my car (thanks for doing the outside, Michael)
Cleaning the garage, including the garage fridge
Cleaning the laundry and mud rooms
Dusting all the dining room chairs
Cleaning fans and light fixtures and mirrors
Setting up two tables and 22 chairs for Thanksgiving dinner



And ending with the fun stuff:





Todd moved out last week and so I refurbished the

"Teddy Bear Room"
I love this old bedroom set that we inherited from Rich's Great Aunt Earleen. I got new boards cut for the bed rails (thank you Home Depot) and now we have a cute and ready guest room ~ come for a visit, anyone?

HOME

I've read a poem about how dusting your house is an opportunity to embrace the things you treasure. That's how I feel about cleaning my home ~ I always feel more grateful for it after I take good care of it.

"The homemaker has the ultimate career. All other careers exist for one purpose only--and that is to support this ultimate career." ~ C.S. Lewis

"Stay at home, my heart, and rest . . . Homekeeping hearts are happiest."
~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow


4 comments:

jenny said...

Good work! You are an amazing homemaker and I've learned so much from you. The Teddy Bear Room looks GREAT!

Kim said...

Your teddy bear room looks like it belongs in a bed and breakfast! Can I make a reservation?

Barbara Jackson said...

How did you find the energy to do all that in such a short time? You really do have a heart for homemaking!!!

Gram said...

It made me exhausted to realize you did all that. I remember the day when I used to be able to do the same thing. It gives you such a sense of accomplishment and makes your heart sing when you can keep a home that is clean and ready for company. Yours looked great on Thursday.