Sunday, November 9, 2008

My Purse

My brother, Keith, posted about his backpack that he uses while traveling, and I couldn't resist doing my own post on my purse and its contents. Mind you, we Parsons are pretty OCD about our bags and being organized. It is a disease, but we can't help it, so we've embraced it.


This is my current favorite purse. I got it at Franklin Covey. I love it because it's blue (duh!) and I like that it just has one strap to grab and fits nicely on my shoulder. I like having an outside pocket for the things I grab most: car key, lipstick and hand sanitizer. And the outside pocket closes with a magnet.


At Franklin Covey I also got these nifty cases that allow you to have everything organized inside, nothing left jingling about on the bottom of the bag. There's a pocket for my cell phone and one for sunglasses, a pen and a highlighter. Sometimes I carry a folded magazine or book to read and you never know when you need to highlight something!



The inside components are, (l to r clockwise) my wallet, which holds only cash, my driver license, debit card, medical cards, Costco card and temple recommend. My famous "bag of tricks," which gets its own picture. My camera. The cute little zipper bag that came with and matches the interior of my purse, which I use for extra stuff I don't want in my wallet like punch cards for businesses I frequent (Great Harvest, Costa Vida, etc) and coupons and gift cards. The small card holder has credit cards in it and honestly I don't carry this in my purse - so I won't use them, but it matches the set so I thought I'd photograph it.

The "bag of tricks" - a concept I have had for decades. The contents have changed from time to time, but here's what's in there now:
comb, tide stick, cuticle nippers, (I hate it when I have a hangnail!) nail file, eye pencil, nail file for cleaning under nails, flashlight, sharpie, highlighter, extra keys for the house, lotion (actually body cream from Bath and Body Works in Moonlight Path fragrance) blush, MAC studio fix, wipes and tissues, and earphones for my ipod and . . .

My mini first aid kit with dental floss, bandaids, neosporin, alcohol swab, small zippy with safety pins, bobbie pins and elastics, two small pill holders - one with Ibuprofen and one with Tummy meds like pepto bismal and tums.

And there you have it folks, the crazy OCD girl's purse contents. Yes, I am just as weird as my brother!

7 comments:

Richard B said...

Your grandchildren will enjoy reading about this post. It's good to be organized and have things where you want and need them. It makes life less confusing. Way to go Keith and Janet.

Keith Parsons said...

I'm not the only one...

I'm going to have to get some pictures up of my case and it's internal parts like you did.

Thanks

jenny said...

Lookin good mom! I love all these posts!

DentalDad said...

Janet, I'm pretty sure dental floss should not be considered an "in case of an emergency item". Ha, Ha, Ha.

laura said...

love it!

Ryan said...

Way to go for organizational OCD! That is amazing.

Gram said...

I loved this post!! You and Keith are more alike that you both agree upon. I love your bag and would like to have one organized just like that, but it is too heavy for my shoulder now. I like the separate bags so you can find things easier and change bags easier if you need to. Good Job, daughter.