Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Veterans Day


On this Veterans Day I just want to say how thankful I am for those who have served our country in the military.

I'm especially grateful for two veterans in my life: Rusty Rife (my father-in-law) who served in the Pacific in WWII and my own dear father, Richard Parsons who served in the military for 22 years.

I always knew that my Dad's job was more than a job to him; he loves this country. I'm grateful for the example of these two fathers who sacrificed to serve this great country.

It makes me proud to be an American and the daughter of great Americans.

3 comments:

Richard B said...

Thank you Janet for those kind words and for being proud to be an American.
I salute you!

Gram said...

Nice post, Janet!

jenny said...

Thanks for reminding us how important this day is. Love you!