Thursday, November 20, 2008

Wrapped in Their Love


Last Sunday I was released after almost three years as Young Women President in our ward. I am sad, and grateful, and wondering what I will do with all time and thoughts I used to spend on my young women. (I'm sure life will expand to fill all possible time; as it always does) It really is my favorite calling and I LOVE my young women, and the young women program: Sunday Lessons, Mutual, Camp, Personal Progress ~ I just love it all! Not to mention the friendships and fun with the other adult leaders. I have tried to be brave, but I must admit a few tears have been shed over this release.


Last night was my first night missing Mutual, and they brought Mutual to me! At 8:30 my doorbell rang and all my young women were on my doorstep with treats and a card and the cute blanket pictured above - so I could "wrap myself in their love." It made me so happy to see all of them! I will miss our twice-weekly association ~ but these girls are now my eternal friends, my younger sisters in the gospel ~ and callings can't change that!
(And thanks to the new YW leaders who planned this sweet activity in my behalf!)

I will be sustained in a new calling on Sunday ~ wait and see . . . .

5 comments:

Richard said...

You were an excellent YW president. You should feel the satisfaction of a job well done. You influenced many lives for good during the past three years. I'm proud of you--and I love you.

Rich

jenny said...

You were an amazing YW President and all of those cute girls adore you. What a cute thing they did to come visit with that gift. I love it!

Karrissa Winward said...

I am sure you will be missed like crazy! You were so great at that calling!

Richard B said...

You set the bar for these young ladies and did a great job of leading and serving. Thanks for a job well done. Love ya.....

Gram said...

How sweet of those girls and new leaders to come give you a gift and visit with you. I know how much you love YW and you have always done an excellent job with any calling you have been given. Others will love you in your new calling and like you said, "These girls are sisters in the gospel and will remember you."