Saturday, January 31, 2009

NieNie and Mr. Nielson


Yesterday I went to Harmons grocery shopping. I stopped on the way in to get some fine avocados that were in the Super Bowl display. A couple opposite me were also looking at the avocados and I noticed that she had what looked like burn scars on her face. As I walked away I thought, "that could be StephaNie Nielson."

Later as I got into the shortest checkout line I was right behind this couple again and as I took a better look at him I realized that, indeed he was "Mr. Nielson."
I didn't speak to them because
a) I was a bit starstruck; I don't react well with famous people. (ask Rich about Patrick Stewart sometime for a good laugh) and
b) I thought they deserved an outing to the store without being accosted by adoring fans. My dear husband said I made the right choice and he has world-class interpersonal skills.

But they have been on my mind and I just want to say this:

Dear Stephanie and Christian:

I have been following your blog since the crash (I started following Courtney's blog a little less than a year ago when I followed a link there from Chelle's blog about Lent) and I am in awe of your courage and faith and love. Thank you for being a shining example of devotion to family and faith and all that is good. Thank you for sharing yourselves and your inspiration with the blogging world. I have prayed for you, I have participated in fundraisers for you, I have thought of you often, and I will continue to do so. I wish you the best and feel hopeful at seeing you out and about together. Witnessing your life, your love and the courage with which you have faced tragedy has enriched my life.

With love,
Janet

2 comments:

Laura H said...

That's so cool Janet. Lovely letter and sentiments, that I'm sure they would love to hear.
Did she look ok?

Gram said...

You were wise to let them enjoy their time without talking but I loved your letter to them and hope you posted it to their blog.