Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Playing Nanajan


I arrived in New York after a day of travel that included reading one book, two magazines and watching one movie on my iphone. The big surprise when I got here was that the Buchanans just got a brand new Toyota Sienna mini-van! I'm so happy for them; it's just what they needed for their little family.

Abby and Andrew were a little shy in the morning to find a stranger in their house, but before long they were climbing all over me - there's nothing better than hugging and kissing on your gkiddies! We started making tutus for the 10 guests coming to Abby's polka dot birthday party on Friday. Then we went to pick up Connor from school. Since Abby was asleep in the car, I just waited with her and Andrew while Laura went in to get Connor. Connor wanted me to see his classroom and couldn't wait til tomorrow, so he and I went back into the school for a tour. It was fun to have him show me where he sits at Table 5 and on the carpet and meet his teacher. He's so grown-up!


Connor and Nana in his kindergarten classroom


Connor sitting on "his spot" on the rug

We went to Michael's for more tutu materials and then the mall. On a whim I just decided to get the kids "build a bear" stuffed animals - I don't want them to forget my visit! It was fun to watch them choose and stuff their toys.


Connor chose a penguin and Abby a pink "polka-heart" monkey


Andrew got a puppy that he's calling "Pat Pat" since that's the sign for dog
Connor got the "Batman" costume for his penguin

Laura went to the church in the evening for Achievement Day for the Primary girls, so I got to do bedtime stories, prayers and tucking in. Since Abby had a little nap in the car, she became "Charming 9 pm Abby!"

It was a lovely day with my dear daughter (my firstborn in the Wymount) and her darling children.

7 comments:

Gram said...

I am so happy for the Buchanan's. They did need a new car. Glad you made it there safely and enjoyed your new Iphone. Looks as if the kids are enjoying Nana. The Build-s-Bear items look very charming. It is nice you got to go to kndergarten again, only this time it is with a charming five year old.

jenny said...

Mom! It looks like you guys are having a blast! And I'm sure the kids are LOVING having their Nana there with them. How cute is Connor that he couldn't wait till the next day - I love it! Enjoy every mind ute you have with Laur and those amazing 3 kids:) And take lots of pics!

Shari said...

Janet,

Your grandchildren are adorable - I see a Rife resemblance! Make sure you get a picture of the tutu's AND the aprons. Wow! They will never let you leave!

Karrissa Winward said...

That is awesome that they got a new car, definitely needed huh? I am glad you are having fun and I can't wait to see more pictures!

Kim said...

Such a fun Nana you are! They are so lucky to have you there. I can't wait to see pictures of Abbi's party.

Barbara Jackson said...

Love being a grandma!!!!!! Enjoy and try to get some sleep.

Mary said...

So fun! They will always remember going to build a bear with Nana Jan!