Thursday, January 1, 2009

Word of the Year

Last year Laura got me started with a new personal tradition: choosing a "word for the year." Last year my word was temperance. I don't know that I really became more temperate last year, but I did think about it and I know that helps. I will continue to strive for temperance in 2009.

This year's word is:

Serenity

Se*ren"i*ty\, n. [L. serenuas: cf. F. s['e]r['e]nit['e].]
1. The quality or state of being serene; clearness and calmness; quietness; stillness; peace.
2. Calmness of mind; eveness of temper; undisturbed state; coolness; composure.

Serenity is the name of my blog and something I am striving for and I love this quote:

Serenity is the gracious gift of peace we receive for living by the will of God.

1 comments:

laura said...

That's a great word.

And I like the look of your blog. It's YOU!